Saturday, May 10, 2008

The light show continues

I took yesterday off work and got busy running a circuit for my barn lights. First I had to figure out what I would need in terms of supplies as well as inventory what I already had. Then I went to MFNHS, while I was in the store a friend of mine came in and asked if I knew that there was a 25 foot long coil of cable on the trunk of my car. I didn't. I had driven about four miles with this stuff on there.

Once I had everything I needed, it went pretty quick. It was just a straight "up and across" 75 foot run with three outlets in it. The thing that slowed me down the most was my tendency to lose tools. Honestly, I probably spent as much time looking for my wire strippers, hammer, tester, etc. as I did wiring. I would put something down and it would disappear - only to reappear in exactly the same place after a few minutes. It's like living in the Bermuda Triangle of Tools. Frustrating.

Here are some before & after shots of the inside of the barn:

This is what the interior of the barn looked like before the lights were installed -


This is what the interior of the barn looks like now -

It's brighter now.

That's just about going to do it for the barn for now - I still have to put some outlets in but I have to wait until the two cord reels that I ordered arrive.

By the way, while I was working on the barn yesterday. We got a call from Buildings & Plans that our building permit has been approved! So on Monday we will load the back of the van up with money and go pick it up! On to the main event...

3 comments:

Sara said...

Wow, the barn is messy. I think that that should be your next project. And I promise that I will be there to cheer you on every step of the way!

Al said...

It's not "messy", it's "pleasantly cluttered". (That might be a contributing factor to my ability to lose tools so quickly.) Thank you for your kind offer of moral support but I believe I will pass.

Anonymous said...

I was going to comment on the messy barn too. Sara seems to have beat me to it. I think I prefer the before shot. I won't say too much just in case I break a rule or three....
Love, your favorite sister