Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Deck and gosling update...

Since the pictures uploaded in this order we will deal with matters pertaining to goslings first...

The picture below shows the size of our goslings as of Sunday, July 25... We managed to grab them since they had found a way out of their pasture but neither Woody nor Hovander had (yet). As soon as Paige and I corralled their off-spring the incredibly upset parents were well on their way to breaking down the fence to kill us.

But I digress.... As you can see they have grown quite a bit since the last pictures that I posted. They are in the goose equivalent of their "awkward adolescent years". No feathers, just furry pseudo-feathers. They don't honk, just peep. In the poop department though they seem pretty grown up... The whole family still gets out on a regular basis so our yard and driveway are a mess.


Below you can see our deck progress to date... I am "on vacation" this week and so I have lots of time to devote to the project. Grace, on the other hand, is teaching summer school and so she can only help in the afternoons and evenings. It's going well and we should have the bulk of it done by the end of the weekend. (The picture also shows the window I replaced a few weeks ago...)

5 comments:

Joyce said...

Please remember to have a Deck and Addition Warming party so we can see the fruit of all your labor.

Those goslings are huge!

Randy Vermeer said...

So how's the deck coming? (it's been about a month since your last update)

Michelle Bouwers said...

Crap, I cam here to comment the same thing Randy did...

Randy Vermeer said...

Do I have to come down there and take a look for myself?

Al said...

can you people be a little patient? Rome wasn't built in a day - although it probably was completed quicker than most of our projects. Cereally, the deck is all but complete, I just haven't posted about it. Stay tuned.