Saturday, February 6, 2010

Trim, Tub surround

My Friday was spent installing trim in the addition. I got started in the morning and Grace helped me finish it up when she got home from work in the afternoon. After dinner we headed to Home Depot for supplies for Saturday's project. When we got back from Home Depot I caulked until midnight so that it would be ready for touch-up paint next week. We are very pleased with the way it turned out and are looking forward to trimming up the windows soon.
The reason for the above mentioned trip to Home Depot was to purchase materials for the tub surround. It's expensive stuff. We almost made a very costly mistake during installation but we figured out a way in which a three dollar piece of trim will hide a potentially hundred dollar blunder. The surround turned out great too. It still needs to be caulked and trimmed but it's starting to come together.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks great, Al!!!! I really do love the color, too!! I"m not just saying that. ;-) You guys are my do-it-yourselves heroes!