Saturday, October 24, 2009

Insulation

See those feet hanging down from the ceiling? Those are attached to me. I'm sitting on a piece of plywood in the attic of the addition.
Here's the rest of me. It looks like I'm going to a Halloween party dressed as the unabomber but I'm not. Look closely at my sweatshirt and you will see lots of pink fluff on it.
It's fiberglass insulation. Grace handed it up to me and I tossed it around in the attic.
This is what things looked like in the end. This is what 320 square feet of R38 fiberglass insulation looks like piled up in a heap. We will put it in its proper place next week. I'm itchy. I'm going to take a shower and then we are rewarding ourselves with a trip to the North Fork Beer Shrine with friends....

3 comments:

Randy Vermeer said...

Why didn't we go to the North Fork Beer Shrine when I was visiting? Sounds like something right up my alley. (nice job on the insulation)

Al said...

b/c you didn't do anything on the addition. A trip to NFBS must be earned...

Randy Vermeer said...

I will bring a hammer next time (if I can sneak it on the plane).