Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Pictures from last Saturday...

Here are a few pictures of what we accomplished last Saturday morning. I didn't get a chance to post them due to the fact that we were only supposed to work until about 10 o'clock and we ended up working until well past noon. (I had to catch a plane to Ontario at 2...)

We were putting fascia boards up on the gable ends. Sounds simple enough doesn't it? Ominous as that sounds, it actually did go fairly smoothly. Below you see Jesse cutting the boards - and the next shot is Jesse and I nailing it on to the barge rafter. We also shored up a few things and checked to make sure we had enough nails in everywhere to satisfy the building inspector.

As you can see I had to straddle the peak of the roof to properly position the fascia board. (Not so comfortable...)

I could have put another picture of Grace with her "worried about people falling" face on, but you can just go back a few posts and look at some old pictures. On Saturday, Grace said to me (and I quote): "I'll be glad when none of my loved ones have to climb up on things anymore."

2 comments:

Joyce said...

I sympathize with you, Grace.

Will you all keep working on the addition until the weather becomes uncooperative?

Al said...

We will work on the thing regardless of the weather - hopefully we can do some "inside" stuff (plumbing, electrical) once things turn truly inclement.