Wednesday, September 10, 2008

More roofage...

When I came home from work; I was greeted by this beautiful sight!Sara and Jesse were up on the roof nailing up the last full sheets of OSB. That means we only have to cut a few more pieces to weird shapes to finish up the roof and then we can call for an inspection! Assuming we pass, we can then shingle the roof (hiring it out...) and wrap the exterior walls in house-wrap. Then it can rain all it wants because our addition will be protected from the weather.

By the way, if you were wondering what Grace was doing while the kids were up on the roof - she was on the ground, telling them to be careful...

6 comments:

Joyce said...

It's a joy to see the able-bodied, careful youths at work. :)

Al said...

...especially when it means that *I* don't have to do as much!

Randy Vermeer said...

from that angle, I was unable to see Jesse's hot tat. Does he still have it?

Al said...

obviously J was unaware that he was being photographed. had he known that his pic was being snapped, he would have quickly spun around (while paying no heed to G's increasingly loud admontions for his to exercise care)in order to display his other shoulder

Teresa said...

Hey you should talk to Travis, he just re-roofed part of our garage, it really isn't that hard, after all the other stuff you guys have done it probably wouldn't be that hard, although I know its probably about having enough time, too.

Al said...

Travis is more than welcome to shingle my roof for me - I'd even help him (actually I'd probably get some of my kids to help him...) It's the time thing that kills us - I want that aspect of the project done quickly.... but hey, thanks for the offer of your husband!